If you are in danger:
Your local hotline or
U.S. hotline 800-799-SAFE (7233)
Teen Dating Abuse Helpline:
ACADV 2007 Annual Report
ACADV 2008 Annual Report
ACADV 2009 Annual Report
ACADV 2011 Annual Report
|| About ACADV
The Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ACADV) is a nonprofit organization that has served both rural and urban areas of Arkansas since its inception in 1981. The membership consists of domestic violence service providers and others who demonstrate support for the philosophy, goals and objectives of the ACADV.
Services and Public Awareness Projects
ACADV provides the following services statewide:
- Training and technical assistance to domestic violence service providers, law enforcement, judges, attorneys, educators, and victims.
- Collaboration with related organizations for victims and survivors to tell their stories.
- Forums and opportunities for victims and survivors.
- Regular and consistent correspondence with ACADV membership.
- To bring awareness of domestic violence and its effects to law enforcement, judges, legislators, educators, the general public and victims.
- A toll-free domestic violence hot-line linking callers to the nearest domestic violence center.
- A lending library that includes information on victims, survival, batterer intervention programs, legislation, child custody, substance abuse, sexual violence, non-profit boards, stalking, and non-profit management.
- Direct services to domestic violence victims.
- Distribution of "On Common Ground", the agency newsletter.
Public Awareness Projects
The Clothesline Project was created in 1994 and is a collection of approximately 450 hand decorated T-shirts displayed on a clothesline. One T-shirt was created for each woman killed in Arkansas by an intimate partner from 1989 to 2007. On display each year are approximately 300 T-shirts from the last 10 years.
The Silent Witness Project was created in 1995 and consists of life-sized plywood cutouts painted red and black. Each cutout represents a female victim murdered by an intimate partner from the most recent year and tells the victim's story on a shield attached to the cutout.